Several Windows users Are reporting a bizarre issue that appears whenever they attempt to press on Ctrl + Alt + Delete or whenever they click the shutdown icon so as to restart, shutdown or hibernate. Affected users receive another error message: “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices.” The problem does not appear to be particular to a particular Windows version because the malfunction is confirmed to happen on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
What’s causing the”Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down Alternatives” issue?
We investigated this Particular problem by looking at different user reports and also the fix strategies which are commonly used to correct this specific issue. As it turns out, There Are Numerous different Possible offenders Which May Wind up causing this Specific mistake:
· System File Corruption — As it happens, this specific problem may also be due to system file corruption. There is one special file (NTUSER.dat) together with the possibility of getting corrupted. Whenever that occurs, the login method is effectively broken up, which ends up tripping this matter. In cases like this, you need to be able to solve the matter by adjusting the corrupted document with SFC and DISM.
· Network configuration inconsistency — This specific problem may also happen because of a sort of inconsistency with the current system setup. Several influenced customers have reported that they have been in a position to solve the matter by booting in Safe mode and resetting the Winsock component.
· 3rd party battle — Another possible offender which may be causing this problem is some kind of program or support battle with the login procedure. If this specific situation is appropriate, you should have the ability to solve the matter by doing a fresh boot and also take the required actions to identify the offender.
· The safety package is conflicting with the login procedure — Vipre Internet Security and also some other 3rd party security scanners have been known to activate this specific error. As it happens, they have a propensity of halting access to the login support, which generates this matter. In cases like this, you need to be able to solve the issue by uninstalling the 3rd party security package that’s causing the situation.
· Underlying system part corruption — In certain rare situations, the corruption is so profound it can’t be solved by Windows built-in utilities (SFC and DISM). Whether this situation is appropriate, the only means to solve this matter is by doing a system restore or simply by doing a fresh install/repair install.
If you are currently trying hard to solve the same “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake, this guide will give you various different troubleshooting manuals. Down below, you will get an assortment of methods which other consumers in a similar situation have used to solve this specific error message.
If You Would like to stay as Efficient as possible, we suggest that you adhere to the prospective repairs in the sequence which they’re presented since we purchased them by efficacy and seriousness. At some point, you just stumble upon a method that simplifies your issue whatever the culprit that is causing it.
Let us start!
Strategy 1: Doing an SFC and DISM scans
It ends up, the most frequent issue that will create the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” malfunction is system file corruption. Typically, the error arises because a document (NTUSER.DAT) gets corrupted and ends up dividing up the login procedure, which then will activate this error message.
Several Affected users who found themselves in a similar situation have reported that they were able to solve the matter by conducting scans using a run of built-in utilities effective at repairing system file corruption mechanically. The two SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Control ) are just two built-in utilities which have attributes capable of repairing corrupted Windows files. But their approach differs.
Even though SFC scans for Corrupted documents and simplifies any corrupted file using new copies from a locally saved folder, DISM is based on WU (Windows Update) to obtain new copies to the corrupted files which are identified from the first scan.
Considering that the two processes Marginally complement each other, we suggest that you execute both scans so as to make certain any type of program file corruption is solved. Here’s a Fast guide on conducting an SFC and DISM scan from an elevated Command Prompt:
1. Start By pressing Windows key + R to start a Run dialog box. Subsequently, kind “cmd” within the text box and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to start an elevated Command Prompt. When you are motivated from the UAC (User Account Control) window, then click Yes to give administrative privileges.
As Soon as You manage to start An elevated Command Prompt window, type the following command within and press Input to start an SFC (System File Checker scan):
1. Notice: Remember that as soon as You Begin this Procedure, stopping it is not suggested. Doing this runs the danger doing much more harm to your Windows system files, so avoid shutting the raised CMD window while the scan is still running.
2. Irrespective of the consequences of the process, Shut the increased CMD prompt after the scanning is completed and restart your PC. SFC is famously famous for not showing fixed corruption things if they had been fixed.
3. After the following startup sequence is complete, See if the exact same problem is still happening as soon as you press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. In case the issue is still there, then follow step 1 to start an additional elevated CMD prompt. Then, type the following command and then press Input to Execute a DISM scan:
1. Notice: Maintain In your mind that DISM should rely on a secure online connection so as to have the ability to download new copies of those documents which are determined to become corrupted. Be certain you not shut the CMD window in this process and don’t disconnect your internet connection while the scanning is busy.
2. The process is done, restart your computer once more, and see whether the problem was solved at the next system startup.
If the exact same “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake is still happening, proceed to the next approach under.
Method 2: Doing a Winsock reset in Safe Mode
As it turns out, this Specific problem may also happen because of a sort of inconsistency with your existing network configuration. Several changed users have reported that they figure out how to solve the matter by forcing the computer to boot in Safe Mode (with Media Player ) and then simplifying the Windows Sockets (Winsock) so as to repair any network problem which may be causing this matter.
This method was verified to work on Windows 7 and Windows 10 with customers who have been encountering this issue. Here’s a Fast guide on booting up your computer up in Safe Mode (with Media ) and also doing a Winsock reset in an elevated CMD window
1. Restart / Ability your pc on and begin pressing on the F8 key as soon as you find the first screen to start the Advanced Boot Options.
2. When you find that the Advanced Boot Options menu, then use the arrow keys (or press the corresponding key) to pick Safe Mode with Networking.
3. Wait till your computer restarts and reboots in Safe Mode with Networking.
4. When the startup order is finished, and Your PC is completely booted up in Safe Mode, press Windows key + R to start a Run dialog box. Subsequently, kind ‘cmd’ within the text box, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to start an elevated Command Prompt.
5. Notice: Whenever you are motivated by the UAC (User Account Control), click on Yes to give administrative privileges to the CMD prompt.
6. As Soon as You’re within the raised CMD prompt, Form the following command and press on Input to start a Winsock reset:
7. When the process is finished, shut the raised CMD and restart your PC. Whenever the following startup sequence is finished, determine whether the issue was solved.
If you are still encountering the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake, proceed to the following method under.
Method 3: Performing a Clean Boot
As it turns out, this Specific problem may also happen because of a kind of program battle with the login support. Many affected users have been able to confirm their suspicions by doing a fresh boot successfully. If the problem does not arise while the pc is started at a clean boot condition, it is apparent that you of 3rd party program or support is causing the situation.
This scenario, you will have to take the required actions to recognize and isolate the support or program responsible for the matter. Here’s a Fast guide on doing a clean boot so as to solve the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake:
1. First things first, make Certain That You’re Utilizing a Windows account that has administrative privileges.
2. Subsequently, kind Windows key + R to start a Run dialog box. Subsequently, kind “msconfig” within the text box and then press Input to start the System Configuration window. When motivated by the UAC (User Account Control), click on Yes to give administrative privileges.
3. When You’re within the System Configuration window, then click the Services tab, then Examine the box related to Hide all Microsoft providers. This process helps to ensure that you do not mind any essential services utilized by your operating system.
4. When you find a list of All of the remaining Services, click the Disable All button to protect against any 3rd party support or a different non-essential built-in support from inducing the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices.”
Once you are able to Disable all of the services, click Employ changes, then pick the Startup tab in the menu at the top and click Open Task Manager.
When you are indoors The Startup tab of Task Manager, pick each startup service separately and click on Disable to stop it from operating at the next startup.
1. After you burn off the list of startup items, you’ll have attained a clean boot state. To make the most of this, close the Task Manager window and then restart your PC.
2. The following startup sequence is finished, repeat the actions that were formerly tripping the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake and see if the problem was solved.
3. If the matter isn’t happening while at a clean boot condition, identify the offender by systematically re-enabling everything that you handicapped whilst performing routine restarts. At some point, you need to be able to spot the 3rd party offender that has been creating the matter.
If this situation wasn’t Applicable to a situation or it did not allow to solve the matter, proceed to the following method below.
Strategy 4: Uninstalling Vipre Internet Security (or comparable program )
It ends up, an overprotective safety suite may also be accountable for the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” malfunction. Vipre Internet Security is a program that’s often noted for causing this error.
NOTE: We just managed to determine Vipre Internet Security as a possible cause for this matter, but there may be other comparable security suites which will facilitate the exact same sort of battle.
If this situation is Applicable and you are utilizing a security suite effective at producing this error, follow the steps below to solve the conflict by minding the program that’s causing the problem:
1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Subsequently, kind ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit on Input to open to start the Apps and Attributes window.
When You’re inside The Programs and Attributes display, scroll down through the list of software and find the security program which you believe could be causing the situation. When you view it, then right-click onto it and select Uninstall in the context menu.
1. Follow The onscreen prompts to uninstall the security program and restart your computer when the procedure is complete.
2. Another startup sequence, repeat the actions that were formerly causing the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” malfunction and see if the problem was solved.
If the Exact Same error message is Nevertheless appearing, proceed to the following method under.
Strategy 5: Running a method restore
If The matter only began to happen recently and you were able to press on Ctrl + Alt + Delete without visiting the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake, it is quite possible a current system shift ended up making the issue.
In Cases like This, the cleanest method of solving the matter is to utilize a system restore point obsolete before the apparition of this problem to come back your computer to a wholesome state.
Here’s a Fast guide on Performing a method restore:
1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run dialog box. Next, kind “rstrui” within the text box and then press Input to start the System Restore wizard.
Within the System Restore wizard, See Next in the first instant.
In the following screen, Begin by clicking Display more restore points. After that, choose a restore point that’s obsolete before you began undergoing the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake. When the proper restore point is chosen, click Next.
1. Click End, afterward Yes, in the Confirmation prompt to begin the partitioning process. Remember that all modifications made following the date where the restore point was made will be dropped — that comprises installed software, user tastes, and everything.
2. The conclusion of the procedure, your personal computer will restart, and the older condition will be enforced. When the startup sequence is finished, see whether the issue was solved.
If you are still encountering the identical “Failure to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake, proceed to the next approach under.
Strategy 6: Running a fixed install
If you have come this way and not one of the prospective repairs have helped you to solve the “Struggling to Screen Safety and closed down choices” mistake, it is almost apparent your PC is suffering from an inherent system corruption issue. In instances such as this, replacing the entire package of Windows parts is the only feasible choice. There are two means of sterile all Windows parts — a wash install or even a fix install.
The First choice (clean install) is much more extreme as it means you are going to eliminate any private data such as software, user tastes, media files, etc.. )
If you would like to choose the concentrated strategy, the appropriate approach to refresh your Windows Parts is by simply doing a repair install. This process will Permit You to Refresh all Windows folders and files (like booting-related procedures ) Without losing any private information. You will Have the Ability to maintain your software, Media, and games files. Following is a fast guide on performing fix install (here).